The Brockton Rox are looking for qualified interns to assist in the additional events at the stadium. The event management interns will serve under the close supervision of the Brockton Rox Front Office.
All Fall Event Management interns will have a significant role in planning the overall fan experience at Rox games. In addition, Event Management Interns will assist in the planning and execution of any concerts, charity events and other non-baseball events held at Campanelli Stadium. Additionally these interns will have the opportunity to help the Rox Sales staff and gain experience in the Rox Sales department.
• Assist in ensuring that all aspects of stadium operations are completed in a timely manner
• Assist in scheduling and staffing of event employees
• Assist in ordering and receiving inventory (merchandise, food, beer, etc…)
• Help and assist the Front Office in budgeting and setting goals to reduce costs
• Assist in developing the promotional schedule
• Assist in ensuring the ballpark is clean and ready for events/games and cleaned up post-event/games
• Additional responsibilities and duties as needed
Top Candidates Will Demonstrate:
• Career interest in the sports & entertainment industry
• Capability to take direction and complete assigned tasks under direct supervision
• Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in the face of customer challenges or complaints
• Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced event environment
• Ability to think on one's feet and problem solve
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Uninterrupted availability from September through December
• Ability to work nights/weekends
Sales & Marketing
The Brockton Rox are looking for qualified interns to assist in both ticket and corporate partnership sales. Sales interns will report directly to the Assistant General Manager. The Rox sales interns will have the opportunity to learn the sales process through making their own calls as well as assisting with both future and current clients. Interns will also learn prospecting in addition to the sales process.
• Gathering databases of potential new clients
• Keeping track of all contacts with either future or existing clients
• Keeping track of any and all donation requests
• Organizing data collected from raffles, giveaways, etc.
• Manage giveaways, on-field promotions, and prizes
• Assist with any mailings that are associated with ticketing and partnerships
• Ability to keep data of group sales efforts along with attendance rates for promotional nights
• Assist in research development of sales campaigns
• Make calls to potential new clients
Top Candidates Will Demonstrate:
• Willingness to work long hours in a competitive field
• Comfort with speaking/meeting new people on a daily basis
• An outgoing and upbeat personality
• High organization skills
• A willingness to learn how to operate a CRM
• Ability to be cool, calm, & collected when dealing with customer complaints or challenges
• Ability to adapt on the fly
• Capability of taking direction and criticism in order to help shape sales pitch
• Work Nights/Weekends
•Availability from September to December
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send over a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.